On March 19, 2019, federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau tabled the Liberal government’s final budget before the October 2019 election.
Some of the highlights include:
- A new Canada Training tax credit
- An increase to the Home Buyer's Plan withdrawal limit
- A cap on employee stock option grants
- A change in disposition rules for income-producing properties (i.e. rentals)
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) eligibility after Disability Tax Credit (DTC) ineligibility
- Cannabis taxation
Please find a full summary from CI Investment’s Tax, Retirement and Estate Planning team below.